Christmas Fruit Cake
This is very delicious and requires no aging to have a perfect fruitcake flavor.The cake has a lovely flavour with a wonderfull combination of dried and candied fruits.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and place a rack in center of oven.
Butter loaf pan or line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt & sift together twice
- In a seperate bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter until creamy and smooth, add the sugar gradually, beating continuously on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (this takes about 5 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- The batter should now be light in colour and fluffy in texture.
Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- The batter will look curdled but don't panic as the batter will come together again after you add the flour mixture.
- Add the vanilla, candied fruits & the flour mixture and mix.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.