A simple, quick, crunchy, crumbly apple recipe to be eaten with vanilla ice cream! yum is the word....best option for left over apples. Also it has to be eaten warm.
- Peel, core the apples & dice them into chunks.
- Cook the apples. Add the apple chunks into a pan, add honey and the cinnamon stick and cover with the lid.
- Stew the apples by cooking them gently until soft. check the apples by stirring occasionally with a spoon.
- After ½ an hr check that the apple is cooked by mashing it a bit with the spoon. The apples should be soft but not pureed.
- Set aside & allow the cooked apples to cool to room temperature.
To make the crumble topping mix the flour, sugar and the butter gently with your fingertips in a bowl to resemble a breadcrumb.
- Preheat the oven to 150º.
Add the stewed apples to the baking dish & cover the apples with the crumble topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and crunchy.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.